Tuesday, November 25, 2008

XXI

Just as incessant drinking put a temporary end to all this, unemployment brings it back to life.

Over the last couple weeks our traveling gang of problem drinkers hit the first leg of our world tour. During the 16 hours we spent driving to and from New York City, we listened almost exclusively to mix cd's from 2003, an all-christmas music radio station, and the same two David Cross cd's about 10 times over. Obviously a fan of his from Arrested Development, I had never actually listened to his stand-up. Silly me. It was good. I think %8-10 of the conversation over the entire 4 days was just quoting him, and the record "Shut Up You Fucking Baby" has maybe the greatest description of binge drinking I've heard outside of my own head.


David Cross - "Shut Up You Fucking Baby!" Disc 1 (2002)
David Cross - "Shut Up You Fucking Baby!" Disc 2 (2002)

No comments: