Saturday, August 30, 2008

XVII

I haven't done enough pool-hopping lately. It was a great way to pass the time when we were in high school and had no cars or anything to do. We'd just walk around from house to house, looking for the ones with pools, jump in and bolt. Eventually I guess that lost its luster, because it got to the point where we rang a doorbell and asked if we could swim in the pool, the answer obviously being no. Then we discovered that the town pool has a much better payoff with much less risk, sealing it as the ultimate aquatic trespass. I miss hiding when we thought we saw cop cars, or running into the woods barefoot when we definitely saw cop cars. I miss the absolute pain of sliding down a giant slide that isn't lubricated with running water. Those were the days. I'm much more mature now. I spend my time drinking until I can't see and passing out drunk on the beach in the middle of the afternoon. I'm a grown up.



Rilo Kiley - "More Adventurous" (1994)

No comments: