Thursday, July 10, 2008

XIII

The summer between my junior and senior year of high school I spent a lot of time walking around our small, 2 square mile town. Only two of our friends had licenses, so mostly we all just moved about on foot, meeting in parks and parking lots and doing stupid things you do as a stupid kid. I did this armed with my trusty walkman (wow) by my side, usually containing a mix cd I had made. Around this same time I started getting really into noisy/screamo bands like Orchid and You and I. I spent many days walking through the gully where the old trolley used to run in Glen Rock, listening to what I consider now to be mostly unlistenable music. There are a few records that I still throw on every once and awhile though, one being the Neil Perry/Kaospilot split. I had never heard of Kaospilot and bought the record because I was really into Neil Perry. However, that riff in "The Noise From the Bell Killed Me" ended up stealing the show. Unfortunately their follow-up LP proved disappointing. The last track on the Neil Perry side is my favorite of theirs.



Neil Perry/Kaospilot split

No comments: